Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Game 3---I didn't know the Goalie could score a goal

Disclaimer: this blog is intended to be just for fun...all opinions are my own...I love and adore all the boys equally but this time I am dedicating my blog to one particular boy: Alex, our goalie...gotta love that kid...



Here we go again...another LAX game...at least this one was in the daylight so I could take photos...all 1340 of them...be glad I didn't post them all...



I've given up trying to understand the sport...I had an "ah ha" moment and it became clear that I needed to get over trying to figure out what was going on and to just enjoy watching our boys hit other boys with sticks and not get in trouble for it.



The "Ah Ha" moment: when Alex went sprinting down the field with the ball in his GOALIE STICK and scored a goal...at least it looked to me like a goal...but then it wasn't a goal...so between being confused that the goalie could even potentially score and what looked like a goal wasn't a goal I said...



AH HA!



I'M NEVER GOING TO UNDERSTAND THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!



So I give up...



No more online LAX sites...



No more asking the adorable History Teacher/Coach to get out the markers and white board...



No more...no more! I'm just going to watch...and take pictures...



So why am I dedicating this blog to Alex? Because watching him taught me a couple of things:



1) When you get the chance, sprint down the field...and it doesn't matter if you don't have the "right" equipment or if your goal gets called back. Watching Alex was hilarious and fun...he just went for it...and all of our boys do that, but there was something fun about watching Alex just take that ball into that big-headed stick (that thing is like a tennis racquet) and run down the field in that "Alex way" he has...I loved it! I sure wish the goal had counted...but then again in my book it did because he did it...



and the other thing I learned...



2) When you have to, you CAN put in your buddy's mouth guard into your mouth and play. Yeah, that was gross, watching him put in his teammates mouth guard when the ref wouldn't let him play without a mouthguard...I'm not sure I really learned anything from it, but it was hilarious and the fact that Alex did it because the ref wasn't letting him back on the field without it pretty much amazed me. I guess the lesson is that just when you think they have outgrown eating dirt and houseplants, boys will put anything in their mouths...anything...even someone else's mouth guard. Sadly (or grossly) my son informed me that this mouth guard exchange also happened in wrestling...NASTY! I couldn't bring myself to ask him if he ever did it.



Alex, I gotta love you, Buddy...you do make me smile...and gag (the mouth guard)...but you make me smile way more...



So this blog is and isn't about lacrosse...but really, people, how long can I keep up the shtick about not understanding the sport? So for the 2 or 3 of you who read this blog, I had to come up with something...



I might blog about everyday things now...and still talk a bit about LAX...who knows...I write as I feel it...



I went back to the gym yesterday and today...it was gorgeous outside so I was happy to get a machine facing the window so I could look out as tried to manage not to have a heart attack on the Precore. Mind you, I haven't been on an elliptical machine in over 2 years...maybe 3...LONG time...



But my inner skinny girl finally woke up from hibernation and is demanding to get her body back...I hate it when my multiple personalities fight---the fat chick wants to eat the goodies like the birthday cake in the fridge and the skinny girl wants to have possession of the closet. Someone has to win...I hope it is the skinny one...



So I went to the Racquet Club and let the skinny girl have her way...found an empty elliptical with no one on either side (because I like my music LOUD) and prayed that I could remember how to do it...it does take a coordination...so I got going and on went the music...I fought the urge to throw my hands in the air like a zombie when "Thriller" came on. Sometimes I forget what I am doing and sing...that will get me in trouble...looking like a spaz on the machine and singing Madonna...



"Come on...vogue...let your body move to the music..."



I love Madonna...and her fake British accent...and that she looks more amazing at 50 something than she did at 30 something...and that gap between her teeth...and that you absolutely cannot NOT dance when you hear her music...



I'll go tomorrow and hopefully that this will soon become a habit that I won't break...besides, I am addicted to the cucumber water.



And I really want to get back to spin class again so if you want to join me as I die on a bike, just call and you can come with me to Spinderella's (not her real name) class at the HRC (she is the BEST spin instructor ever). At least if I go to her class I know she loves me enough to jump off her bike and give me CPR.



Don't worry, I won't be constantly blogging about me, Madonna, and the gym...but today, I just had to...and I had to thank Alex for making me smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment